You can read my 2018 Anime Wrap Up post here. These are the anime series, OVAs and movies I have completed so far in 2019. I am pretty quick to drop shows/put them on hold, so these ones are anime I liked a lot.
Seasonal Anime Series I’ve Completed in 2019
* Carole & Tuesday – This anime gave us so many beautiful songs. The latter part of the show was really interesting and the final episode was beautifully done.
* Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. (My Roommate is a Cat) – I am normally not a fan of Slice of Life anime, but this one is an exception. It deals with issues that are really important and portrays life in such a simple yet interesting way.
* Given – One of my top two Boys Love anime. I cried for days, the music was so beautiful, and I blogged about my reaction to a specific episode.
* Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen – Good, but not one of my favourites from the season.
* Kakegurui×× – Sucked, except for one particular episode. It failed to create feelings of fear or anxiety. The first season was better. Watch Kaiji instead.
* Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) – I felt really inspired by Tanjirou’s resilience and dedication. I blogged about that here.
* Mob Psycho 100 II – I was really impressed by Season 2. I thought it was a lot better than the first season.
* Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 – This is probably my favourite season of Attack on Titan. The beginning episodes were terrifying.
* Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (Shield Hero) – I really enjoyed Shield Hero and enjoyed writing about my thoughts on each episode. You can find Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
* Yakusoku no Neverland (The Promised Neverland) – Very interesting anime. I enjoyed it a lot.
* Dr. Stone – I thought this was pretty interesting overall. I can’t wait for Season 2.
Non-Seasonal Anime Series I’ve Completed in 2019
* B: The Beginning – I recommend this series. The latter episodes were brilliant and the ending song is amazing.
* Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte) – I really enjoyed this anime. The opening song by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is great.
* Mob Psycho 100 – I enjoyed this one more than I expected, especially near the end.
* Tokyo Ghoul √A – This is the second season of Tokyo Ghoul. Juuzou is my favourite character in Tokyo Ghoul, so I really enjoyed watching his interactions with Shinohara and watching his character growth. Beautiful music throughout.
* Zankyou no Terror – One of my top three anime. I think it’s highly underrated. After I completed this anime, it left a void for me for a while.
* Ore Monogatari!! – One of my favourite romance anime. If I had to describe the anime with one word: wholesome.
OVAs I’ve Completed in 2019
* Durarara!!x2 Shou: Watashi no Kokoro wa Nabe Moyou – This was really nice to watch. For context, I finished Durarara!! in 2017 so it brought back pleasant memories.
* Durarara!!x2 Ten: Onoroke Chakapoko – Special episode on Shinra and Celty. It’s not necessary to watch this, but it’s good if you are a Durarara!! fan.
* Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Youth – A look at what Koyanagi and Kabakura were like in high school. Koyanagi had short hair!
Anime Movies I’ve Completed in 2019
* Tokyo Godfathers – I watched this at the end-of-year event with Anime Club. I probably wouldn’t have watched this on my own time, but it’s a really good film. I’m glad I watched it.
In the near future, I will finish watching Babylon and My Hero Academia Season 4. Thanks for sticking with me this year! See you next year!
I started a Chinese drama called The Eternal Love. It’s not to be confused with Eternal Love or Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, which is an entirely different Chinese drama (the latter is one of my favourite dramas, by the way – go check it out).
In The Eternal Love, Qu Xiaotan from the modern world is isekai’d into historical China. In other words, she time travels and occupies the body of Qu Tan’er, the second daughter of the Qu family. The catch is that whenever she tells a lie, the real Tan’er wakes up from the body. Xiaotan and Tan’er basically switch back and forth and do not retain memories of each other.
Now for the plot. Xiaotan/Tan’er is forced to marry Mo Liancheng, the eighth prince. Xiaotan does not like the idea of marrying a stranger, while Tan’er is in love with Liancheng’s brother, Mo Yihuai. However, she marries him with the intention of spying on Liancheng. Xiaotan is left in the dark about these schemes which is really confusing for Liancheng.
Tan’er is proper and follows the traditional norms of the time period. Xiaotan, on the other hand, is rebellious and unapologetic. She is infuriated that she experiences mistreatment from her father’s consort and that she was forced to marry a stranger. She makes several attempts to return to the modern world.
This drama is hilarious! Xiaotan cracks me up. Since she is a character from the modern world, only we can understand her references to certain things (i.e. the toothbrush, modern slang). Her and Liancheng have great chemistry. He always has her back, cares deeply for her, is good-looking…
I’m definitely going to keep watching because this drama is so funny and because I love both the main leads. A lot of historical dramas have a serious tone to them and they are quite long… Time passes so quickly when I’m watching this drama. For a romantic comedy historical drama, this one is done really well.
It was Boxing Day and I bought two long skirts from Uniqlo (and people made fun of them… They do not get my sense of fashion!!!). XD
I also bought Emoji stickers to decorate letters for my friends. I bought three cards the other day because I thought they were cute. I guess I am prepared. XD
Among other things, I bought these magnetic bookmarks (you can open and close them). As some of you guys know, I enjoy reading in my past time. This is my first time seeing magnetic bookmarks so I had to buy them. XD
I’m currently reading a book called Breaking Murphy’s Law.
I love jewelry. I wear earrings and bracelets every moment of the day, and am almost always wearing rings and necklaces.
I didn’t wear rings until the past year because it was difficult to find rings that fit my fingers. My ring size is around 15.5 (smaller than size 5) but I found rings that fit my fingers and don’t fade. I mostly wear silver or rose gold rings.
I’m the kind of person that buys more than one of something because I like to be prepared. o_o If I lose a ring, I have “back-up” rings. Most of these are adjustable. I like to wear at least two of these at a time.
Three rings for my thumb and the back-up rings.
I’ve been wearing these rose gold rings every day now. I also have a back-up ring (no surprise). They are all adjustable.
I’ve worn these rings 0-1 times, but I plan to wear them more in the future. The ring in the front is adjustable.
I recently followed the KonMari method on everything I own, including my jewelry. These are the rings that spark joy for me. Should I do an earring/necklace/bracelet post next?
I was watching episode 18 of Gosick and the characters looked inside the contents of a memento box/keepsake box/memory box. I thought this was interesting because I’ve been collecting things that are precious to me in a box (even though I did not know that memento boxes were an actual thing). I started collecting things from age 13 and upwards.
Obviously the contents are personal so I won’t be taking pictures, but I can share what some of the things are:
polaroid picture with a couple of my closest friends
my draft for a letter
broken cat charm
a letter to myself
encouraging words from a friend
Kind of random, right? Now, I’ve been to many movies but I’ve only kept a single movie ticket. I’ve also only kept a select few letters and cards in my box (the rest are in the basement). Why these items in particular, I am not completely sure but it’s important to me that they are in my box. They are items that are unique to my life and I can associate them with good or bittersweet memories.
Do you have a memento box or something similar? Please let me know, I am interested to hear. 🙂