I made edits to my Kaneki cosplay from June 2018. Click HERE to see the cosplay photos from 2018.
Rikuo Uozumi from Sing “Yesterday” For Me.
I will also cosplay as Haru and Rou.
Mafuyu Sato from Given
I got the pick when I went to Man With A Mission’s concert.
Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!!
Kurosaki from Kurosagi
Has anyone read Kurosagi? It’s one of my favourite manga but I don’t know anyone else that has read it…
Hanabi from Scum’s Wish
Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx
My version of No Face, based on a drawing I drew in January:
Casual Conan cosplay from Detective Conan:
Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki/My Future Diary
Mitsuha from Kimi no Na Wa/Your Name
I’ve cosplayed as Mitsuha before. Click here to see the post.
I’ve written about why I blog, so this time I’ll write about why I cosplay.
- It’s fun. I like fashion and clothes.
- It’s a way to show my love of anime.
- It’s cool to own things from anime. For example, I have Luffy’s straw hat from One Piece, Kaneki’s mask from Tokyo Ghoul, a No Face mask from Spirited Away, Mitsuha’s hair tie/bracelet from Your Name, and a lot more stuff. I don’t care much about expensive, brand name things but I like to own things from anime because I think it’s cool.
- Cosplay is a creative outlet.
- I get to look different anytime I want. For example, I’ve cosplayed as Nana Osaki from Nana (punk look) and I’ve cosplayed as several boy characters. I’ve cosplayed as child characters and as mother characters too. Even my day-to-day style changes all the time. I don’t like to be restricted to one style because I like to feel free and fluid.
- Cosplay has helped improve my self-confidence. I cosplay for myself. I am happy when people tell me that they like my cosplays, but my own self-perception is really important. When you see photos that you feel proud about, there is a feeling of self-satisfaction which ultimately boosts your self-esteem.
- I’ve met cool people through cosplay and it has also reaffirmed my friendships because it feels so good when you are supported by friends.
- It’s a way to spend time. I spend most of my free watching shows but cosplay is a break from watching something.
- It’s fun to cosplay at conventions.
Yuri Katsuki from Yuri!!! on Ice. I don’t have Viktor’s Omanjuu Niginigi ;__;
Nine from Zankyou no Terror. I love him.
More cosplays to come.
Juuzou Suzuya from Tokyo Ghoul:re. He has black hair.
Kuroko Tetsuya from Kuroko no Basuke. School uniform cosplay.