I think I’m FINALLY getting used to being at home all day, every day. My kalimba arrived and it’s really nice.
I don’t feel that lonely. I play games with my BFF almost every night and we also exercise and draw together. She recently got a drawing tablet. I wouldn’t be doing these three things as much if it weren’t for her, to be honest. (Everything is done virtually.)
I watch shows with my other friends. We’re also practicing the kalimba together since we ordered together. & of course, I have my family, online friends, and a few other close friends.
The sky picture was taken right outside where I live. I have two pots of these flowers. If anyone knows the flower name, please let me know. I believe we planted them (I have so many plants at home, it’s hard to keep track…).
Today was supposed to be my graduation ceremony. I have gone through it once already when I got my BA in Psychology in 2018, but I was still looking forward to it. I’m glad that it got cancelled because it’s not safe to do it right now. At the same time, I’m a little upset. I’ve seen classmates write that they are grateful and other positive things, but I’m allowed to be mad, aren’t I? Sorry, but I’m not as cheerful as others.
Anyway, perhaps writing this post will brighten my mood.
8. I’m grateful to be able to work from home.
I quit one of my jobs, and I was able to do that because of my other jobs! I feel fortunate that I can shop online (one of the things that brings me joy) and more importantly, pay my bills during this time.
9. Ihave more time to watch shows.
If it wasn’t for quarantine, I wouldn’t have the time to watch this many shows. Watching a show is like exploring a whole new world. I’ve learned a lot about various topics through different series… Now to think of it, I think I’m quite knowledgeable about a wide range of topics.
10. I have time to replay my favourite video game.
My brother is still doing high school online and he uses my laptop to complete his assignments. I naturally ended up playing on the Xbox 360 whenever he went on my laptop. I’ve started replaying Lost Odyssey and I’m having a lot of fun with it.
11. I have time to try out new recipes.
Cooking is quite fun. It’s satisfying when your food and drinks turn out good. I think I’ve improved as well.
12. I’ve improved my driving.
Since public transit isn’t super safe right now, I’ve been waking up at 6 AM six days a week to drive my mom to work. I also pick her up from work and do all the driving for grocery shopping since I’m the sole driver in my family. My sleep schedule is not ideal, but it is what it is.
I don’t know where I can buy Thai tea in stores so I ordered a bag of it online. The restaurants that sell Thai iced milk tea (that I know of) are far from where I live. If you like Thai iced milk tea, I think that buying the tea is a great idea because you can make so many cups of it! I love it so much.
I thought I would write about the good things that have happened to me since quarantine. I’ve been at home since around March 16. I encourage you all to do the same!! Feel free to write in the comments about the positive things that have happened to you.
1. I’ve had more time to cosplay.
2. I’ve drawn stuff! I also quickly stopped drawing after that but I still drew three drawings and I’m happy about that.
3. A couple of blogger friends watched Yesterday wo Utatte after I wrote my Episode 1 Impressions post. Thank you! It always makes me happy when people watch the shows I recommend.
4. I’ve started working out regularly at home. I haven’t exercised like this since grade 11 high school… That was 7 years ago…
5. I’ve been video calling and voice chatting with my friends. We’ve played games, exercised, and watched shows online together. Before I mainly ate at restaurants with my friends so these are kind of new activities.
I’ve also mailed out a birthday letter and a ‘I’m thinking about you’ card to my friends. While I could have just written my messages online, I think there is something special about having a physical copy.
7. I’ve ordered a kalimba. I want to learn how to play Wu Ji, a song from The Untamed. A couple of my friends have ordered it with me. We’re going to learn how to play this song together.
I’m sure there are more good things that have happened to me this past month. Maybe I am not as pessimistic as I think I am. :p