Blogging is my hobby so I would say that I blog for myself. Sometimes I ask myself why I blog, or why I cosplay or draw. Sometimes I have thoughts like, “There will always be people who do it better than you. What impact do you make?” but I don’t think that this is a correct way of thinking. Undoubtedly, there are people who are better but there is only one of you- and no one can be better at being you.
1. I blog because I hate boredom. I become bored very easily, did you know?
2. Even though I say that I blog for myself, I still want my writing to impact at least one person. One person, that’s all I wish for. I believe that I have accomplished this. Should there ever be a time where absolutely no one reads my blog, I am unsure if I would keep writing.
You could argue that the satisfaction I gain from impacting another person is still blogging for myself.
3. I need an outlet. I spend so much time watching shows. How could I not write down my thoughts about an episode or show that left a big impression on me?
4. My hope is that people will become interested in the things I like after reading my posts. ^^
5. Online friends and the AniBlogger community. This should be placed higher but I’m listing these in random order. I’ve been lucky enough to have met a couple of blogger friends in real life. ^^
6. I can convey how I feel through writing. When I write a blog post, I feel like I am writing a letter.
7. It is a record. This is probably one of the most important reasons to me.
8. “Hey! I exist!” This is also a feeling I want to convey when I update my blog. I really value all the comments, emails, and messages I receive from readers and blogger friends.
9. I don’t want to stop writing. Sure, I write messages through social media every day. I argue that writing on the blog is different and I don’t want to lose the routines of reading or writing.
10. I genuinely enjoy blogging.
I don’t have desires to monetize my blog or make money off of my blog. I don’t want to make a career out of this. As Lumi said before, my blog is my corner of the internet.