I’m participating in a graphic design workshop hosted by Jon Spencer Reviews. I made a new blog header and graphic for my About page and I’m pleased with the final results!
I have to thank Jon because I wouldn’t have done this if it weren’t for the workshop and all the support from fellow blogger friends!
These feel more personal – not just because I created them but also because I used my drawings.
The next task is for your partner to create you a Twitter post. I thought about it and made a Twitter account. If you’ve known me long enough, you probably know that I was super active on Twitter a few years ago. I wasn’t very happy on there at the time so I left. I think I will primarily use this new account to tweet about anime and share my blog posts. I think this move will also help me feel more connected with my online friends (especially with COVID right now and because I graduated university).
My username is @melo__nsoda (two underscores, the same as my personal Instagram).
Last but not least, here’s a photo of my latest clay creation. It’s Wooper, one of my favourite Pokemon. I’ve been playing Pokemon SoulSilver on the Nintendo DS every single day… I am obsessed with this game.
In my last post, I wrote about Haruma Miura, a Japanese actor who committed suicide. I felt very sad about his death, so I did this drawing.
想过离开以这种方式存在 I once thought of leaving and to exist in absence
是因为 那些旁白 那些姿态 那些伤害 It was because of those narratives, those stances, and those inflicted pains
不想离开 I don’t want to leave
The above lyrics are from Hua Chenyu’s song, I really want to love this world.
Hua Chenyu said, “Hope everyone can pay more attention to the friends around them, and also correctly understand depression. When you are alone and lost, I hope this song can give you some courage, open the door, love this world, and let yourself be loved.”
This is not easy. But it keeps happening which makes me so upset and frustrated. I feel powerless sometimes… but I hope that this song will reach some of you out there, wherever you are.
I thought I would write about the good things that have happened to me since quarantine. I’ve been at home since around March 16. I encourage you all to do the same!! Feel free to write in the comments about the positive things that have happened to you.
1. I’ve had more time to cosplay.
2. I’ve drawn stuff! I also quickly stopped drawing after that but I still drew three drawings and I’m happy about that.
3. A couple of blogger friends watched Yesterday wo Utatte after I wrote my Episode 1 Impressions post. Thank you! It always makes me happy when people watch the shows I recommend.
4. I’ve started working out regularly at home. I haven’t exercised like this since grade 11 high school… That was 7 years ago…
5. I’ve been video calling and voice chatting with my friends. We’ve played games, exercised, and watched shows online together. Before I mainly ate at restaurants with my friends so these are kind of new activities.
I’ve also mailed out a birthday letter and a ‘I’m thinking about you’ card to my friends. While I could have just written my messages online, I think there is something special about having a physical copy.
7. I’ve ordered a kalimba. I want to learn how to play Wu Ji, a song from The Untamed. A couple of my friends have ordered it with me. We’re going to learn how to play this song together.
I’m sure there are more good things that have happened to me this past month. Maybe I am not as pessimistic as I think I am. :p