I used washi tape to decorate the bookmarks.
In an earlier post, I made ribbon hair clips. This time, I made a felt hair clip.
Ene and Konoha ❤
I’m participating in a drawing challenge created by my friends. @sfuanimeart
I drew the hats from Among Us. I played it with my friends on my birthday, which was also this year’s Mid-Autumn Festival (October 1). The story behind this drawing is basically my birthday celebration. This is what an autumn day looks like to me. 🙂
Other stuff I made:
A graphic I made for Aria. Go check out her blog!
I have to thank Jon because I wouldn’t have done this if it weren’t for the workshop and all the support from fellow blogger friends!
These feel more personal – not just because I created them but also because I used my drawings.
The next task is for your partner to create you a Twitter post. I thought about it and made a Twitter account. If you’ve known me long enough, you probably know that I was super active on Twitter a few years ago. I wasn’t very happy on there at the time so I left. I think I will primarily use this new account to tweet about anime and share my blog posts. I think this move will also help me feel more connected with my online friends (especially with COVID right now and because I graduated university).
My username is @melo__nsoda (two underscores, the same as my personal Instagram).
I drew Monokuma and my friend drew Monomi and the amazing background. I told my friend I didn’t like Monomi’s underwear so that’s why they’re wearing clothes.
This drawing was inspired by this photo.
I also have a No Face drawing. You can see it here.
My friend drew Aiba and I drew the winter irises. They’re from the game, AI: The Somnium Files. We actually finished the game last night.
In my last post, I wrote about Haruma Miura, a Japanese actor who committed suicide. I felt very sad about his death, so I did this drawing.
I once thought of leaving and to exist in absence
是因为 那些旁白 那些姿态 那些伤害
It was because of those narratives, those stances, and those inflicted pains
I don’t want to leave
The above lyrics are from Hua Chenyu’s song, I really want to love this world.
Hua Chenyu said, “Hope everyone can pay more attention to the friends around them, and also correctly understand depression. When you are alone and lost, I hope this song can give you some courage, open the door, love this world, and let yourself be loved.”
This is not easy. But it keeps happening which makes me so upset and frustrated. I feel powerless sometimes… but I hope that this song will reach some of you out there, wherever you are.
Let’s fight together!
Rize Kamishiro from Tokyo Ghoul & Jin Guangyao from Mo Dao Zu Shi
These side characters are essential to the plot! Sure, they’ve made the protagonists of their respective shows suffer… but what would the series be without them?
I only drew Rize and Mengyao/Jin Guangyao for this challenge. Then I got preoccupied with other things so… I filled this with some of my older (but still kind of recent) fan art.
I thought I would write about the good things that have happened to me since quarantine. I’ve been at home since around March 16. I encourage you all to do the same!! Feel free to write in the comments about the positive things that have happened to you.
1. I’ve had more time to cosplay.
2. I’ve drawn stuff! I also quickly stopped drawing after that but I still drew three drawings and I’m happy about that.
3. A couple of blogger friends watched Yesterday wo Utatte after I wrote my Episode 1 Impressions post. Thank you! It always makes me happy when people watch the shows I recommend.
4. I’ve started working out regularly at home. I haven’t exercised like this since grade 11 high school… That was 7 years ago…
5. I’ve been video calling and voice chatting with my friends. We’ve played games, exercised, and watched shows online together. Before I mainly ate at restaurants with my friends so these are kind of new activities.
6. I have a penpal now. I wrote a post called The Significance of the Letter in December 2019 and now I’m writing letters to a penpal.
I’ve also mailed out a birthday letter and a ‘I’m thinking about you’ card to my friends. While I could have just written my messages online, I think there is something special about having a physical copy.
7. I’ve ordered a kalimba. I want to learn how to play Wu Ji, a song from The Untamed. A couple of my friends have ordered it with me. We’re going to learn how to play this song together.
I’m sure there are more good things that have happened to me this past month. Maybe I am not as pessimistic as I think I am. :p
Quaran-tober Day 1 HERE.
Day 2: Burst
If you pretend to be someone you’re not, won’t your inner self try to “burst” out? If you pretend for too long, will you even know your true self anymore? What is a true self, anyway?
Day 3: Wet
A teru teru bozu is a handmade doll hung to prevent the rain. I drew the teru teru bozu I made in 2015.