My friend, Carmen, went to Anime Revolution on Sunday, August 5 and gave me a signed poster of the Chinese cosplayers, Baozi and Hana. Thank you Carmen for lining up and for asking them to write my name. Baozi and Hana are two of my favourite cosplayers.
White Blood Cell/Neutrophil is a character in the anime, Cells at Work! It’s an ongoing Summer 2018 anime.
I re-used the wig from an older cosplay.
Izaya Orihara from the anime, Durarara!!
I cosplayed as Mitsuha from Kimi no Na Wa/Your Name for a short time at the Summer Festival. A wig would be too hot in this weather, so I didn’t wear one. I didn’t spend any money on this cosplay!
Click here if you want to see old cosplay photos of Mitsuha in a navy skirt.
Inko Midoriya is the mother of Izuku (Deku), the protagonist of My Hero Academia.
I’ve cosplayed as high school girls (even though I’ve graduated from high school some years ago), as boys, and now I’ve cosplayed as a mother. I’ve even cosplayed as characters I don’t like before!
Edit: It was brought to my attention that the wig for my Inko cosplay is not dark green enough. I completely agree, but I also wanted to say that the wig was originally used in an earlier cosplay. I didn’t spend a single cent on this cosplay.
I cosplayed as Gumi again from her song, Nankai Ren’ai (Difficult Love). It’s a cute song about liking a boy.
I also cosplayed as Koushi again from Haikyuu!! because I realized I never took a photo of the shorts.
Guess what? I’ve done 37 cosplays in the two years I’ve been cosplaying! The 38th cosplay will be posted soon. I’ve cosplayed as anime characters, vocaloid, and game characters.
Characters I would like to do again:
- Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece – holding Chopper plush
- Mitsuha from Kimi no Na Wa/Your Name – never got a chance to do full body shot
- Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya – full body shot with book
- Saber from Fate/stay night – full body shot
- Gumi Matryoshka – full body shot
- Gumi Difficult Love/Nankai Ren’ai – holding love letter
- Gumi Difficult Love/Nankai Ren’ai – full body shot
- Misa Amane – with black nail polish and makeup
I think that before I spend more money on cosplays, I should get these done first.
If you live in BC, Canada and are interested, I’m selling a few cosplays. These are all size small:
- Lovely Complex cardigan $10 – You can cosplay as Risa or Otani.
- Kido Tsubomi hoodie $10 – from The Kagerou Project/Mekukacity Actors
- Ururu t-shirt and skirt $5 – from Bleach
See instagram.com/misswaves_shop for more items for sale. As always, I’m open to selling most of my cosplays so even if it is not listed, just ask.