These are my 10 favourite anime opening songs. I’m not saying that these are “the” best anime songs of all time, but my current personal favourites.
10. Fruits Basket Opening – For Fruits Basket by Ritsuko Okazaki
Every time I listen to this song, I get really nostalgic because I watched Fruits Basket when I was in primary school. The anime is very colourful and sweet. The manga is more complete and “darker” in my opinion. I recommend you finish the manga if you haven’t already.
9. Sailor Moon Opening (1-4) – Moonlight Densetsu by DALI
8. Attack on Titan Opening 1 – Guren no Yumiya by Linked Horizon
7. One Piece Opening 10 – We Are! by TVXQ
One Piece is my number one favourite anime. It is the best selling manga series in the world and currently has over 700 episodes. Although it is really long and still ongoing, I highly recommend this series for everyone. It’s great for people of all ages. I may be 20 years old, but I am just in love with this show. I learned a lot from One Piece, including the meaning of friendships. It helped me realize that I was in toxic friendships in the past and that things can always be better. The show made me feel every emotion possible, and it brought back my laughter.
6. One Piece Opening 3 – Hikare E by The Babystars
5. Durarara!! Opening 1 – Uragiri No Yuuyake by Theatre Brook
I love just about every opening and ending song in Durarara. I enjoyed the first season more than the second. I thought the second season introduced too many characters too quickly.
4. Naruto Shippuden Opening 3 – Blue Bird by Ikimono-gakari
Naruto and Naruto Shippuden have several opening songs I like. For Shippuden, I turned to the manga because I hated the filler episodes (except the one-episode funny ones). I can’t get into Boruto, the new series about Naruto’s kids, because I don’t like the art style. I also feel that a lot of characters are out of character.
3. Death Note Opening 1 – The World by Nightmare
Death Note is one of my favourite anime and I fell in love with it the instant I laid my eyes on the series. I was around eleven years old and I remember my classmates telling me that it was too scary. Lol. There’s a Netflix film adaptation of Death Note. While I won’t judge the film too much without watching it first, Death Note remains a popular series after all these years.
2. Naruto Shippuden Opening 16 – Silhouette by KANA-BOON
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Opening 1 – Again by Yui
If you only listen to one song in this post, it should be this one. Maybe.