Let’s be real here – there are a lot more interactions on Instagram. Instagram is more convenient to use and more people go on it. Research shows that people generally have shorter attention spans now.
I still see the value of blogs but newer platforms do have their pros as well. I don’t necessarily like that, but I’ll continue to use both Instagram and WordPress. As times change, we also need to adapt.
For those who genuinely enjoy visiting my blog, don’t worry. I’ve done this since I was 16 and I will continue to blog until I can no longer type. In my experience with WordPress, it used to be such a lively place. Y’all are all such lovely folks and I enjoy talking to you guys so much. It is a little sad to see that it is not the same as it once was (for reference, 60 people liking my posts and 30 comments on more ‘successful’ posts). Ultimately, I blog for myself. My blog is a space where I can express my thoughts, feelings, love of anime and cosplay. It is my diary and safe space.
Character VS Cosplay Part ONE here
Character VS Cosplay Part TWO here
22. Gumi from Difficult Love
23. Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight (this is an older cosplay)
24. Inko Midoriya from My Hero Academia
25. Mitsuha from Your Name
26. White Blood Cell from Cells at Work!
27. Akira Kurusu from Persona 5
28. Conan from Detective Conan
30. Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki
31. Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx
I hope you like my cosplays!
I cosplayed as Earth-chan! I’ll cosplay as her again in the future.
Nankai Renai is a song by GUMI, one of my favourite vocaloids. The song is about a difficult love. This was my first time expressing more sad expressions in cosplay.
I really love this cosplay. Of course, I worked with a team.
Photo credit: @zetsunai
None of these photos are edited. I attended cosplayers Hana and Baozi’s panel on posing for cosplay the other week and they said that research is very important. Research on finding a suitable location to shoot and also expressing what the character feels in the source material. Time of day to shoot is also important, in which they recommended cosplaying in the evening.
That’s why I chose a dock as the location during a time that was not hot. I tried to replicate some of the poses from the music video, and the photographer was great with directing the shots.
The shots wouldn’t look nearly as good if it weren’t for my makeup artist! So I am very, very thankful to my team, and also to my readers for supporting me in my cosplay hobby! ^_^
1. Kido Tsubomi from Mekakucity Actors
2. Hinata from Haikyuu!!
3. Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Zero Kiryu from Vampire Knight
5. L Lawliet from Death Note
6. Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!
7. Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul
8. Tsukimi from Princess Jellyfish
9. Mikasa Ackerman from Attack on Titan
10. Otani from Lovely Complex
11. Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura
12. Karamatsu from Osomatsu-san
I hope you like my anime cosplays!
Zero Kiryu is a character from the anime, Vampire Knight.
Mitsuha is a character from the popular anime film, Your Name. I don’t have a suitable wig (or front bangs) since this was a spontaneous cosplay.
It’s my free day and now I’m going to do what I had planned to do — outline and colour my Izaya Orihara digital drawing. =)