So my 23rd birthday just passed and now I’m writing this at 1 AM. It was a good birthday.
I think I’ve grown a lot in these past few years. I’m pretty chill now… A lot of things don’t bother me anymore.
Or maybe I’ve just become desensitized to everything. Hahaha.
Seriously though, I can’t remember the last time I felt petty in a while. If I have a problem with someone, I feel comfortable confronting them about the issue now, while keeping the conversation respectful.
I’ve started doing things less for other peoples’ approval. I would say that I’ve become a more authentic person. Authenticity is one of my values and those who respect me and like me for who I am are people I cherish.
I celebrated my birthday four times this year with different people.
- Taiwanese restaurant
- My Hero Academia movie in theatres
- bubble tea
- my friend paid for everything – thank you
- got Detective Conan cosplay, wig, wig cap, Oscar Wilde’s Happy Prince book, metal straws (including bubble tea straw), metal straw cleaner, card – in Kaneki bag
- Japanese restaurant
- got Kumamon plush, hand cream that smells really good, postcard
- getting Osamu Dazai’s No Longer Human book
- hot pot
- got mustard cardigan, super soft hoodie, concealer, letter
- first class was cancelled – I slept in and watched anime in bed
- birthday wishes on social media, in person
- free matcha lemonade drink from Blenz
- gifts from parents and brother
- getting free bubble tea from Pearl Fever
- I ordered gifts for myself – cosplay stuff
- Korean bbq buffet – thank you friends for treating me
- friend picked me up and dropped me home
- got Charmed Aroma candle with ring inside, homemade cupcakes, hand cream that smells really good, false lashes, lip balm, card
- got necklace, strawberry matcha tea, glasses for cosplay, face masks, nose mask, lip mask, card
I also found out this morning that I won BiblioNyan’s giveaway!
I’m writing this post for myself, for my future sad days. When I feel sad, I can read this post and remind myself that I am lucky to have good people in my life. I tend to forget a lot of the things that people do for me.
I wonder if I deserve all of this. I’m struggling with this because I am no one special. I’m not used to this much kindness in my life. I’ve written before that I had a lonely childhood.
Thank you everyone. I hope that I am treating you with as much kindness. I don’t think I am, but I’ll improve on that. Maybe I am too harsh on myself, but these are my true feelings.
As many of you guys know, it was my birthday yesterday. I turned 22! Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes on Twitter and Instagram. ❤
Fall is pretty cool because of 1) my birthday, 2) Mid-Autumn Festival and of course, 3) Halloween!
I got some cool stationary on my birthday. I love it because I am a very practical person. I want to be able to use all my gifts. I got other gifts, but they aren’t shown here.
Happy belated Mid-Autumn Festival! The moon was so big and bright yesterday. A friend gave me this mung bean snow skin mooncake.
I turned 21 years old on October 1! On the day before my birthday, I got my ears pierced with a friend. I got upper lobe done and it was painless. We visited a Chinese garden then went to my place for a sleepover.
All of my close friends attended my birthday dinner. We went to a Japanese restaurant.
Two friends surprised me with a cake. The staff sang ‘Happy Birthday’ really loud and I was shocked! I thought it was for a different table.
You can see my balloon and a scarf my friends gave me. I got a lot of cool gifts! I honestly think that I have the best friends in the whole world because they accept me for who I am. I am a little different with the whole anime hobby thing. I act like a kid, and I ask a lot of dumb questions. They still love me for being me.
Some of you have asked for a bday post, so here it is.
Guu Garden in Downtown Vancouver
I ordered the Royal bento box.
I celebrated with friends, and I’m going to see some friends tomorrow too. If anyone is wondering, I got a gift card, a wallet, bath bombs, a Tony Tony Chopper plush, a sweater, another gift card, and a painting of Roronoa Zoro my friend painted for me.
I turned 20 years old today. I still look young and feel young, but I’m getting old.