I wasn’t nominated for this, but I saw this on Hilary’s blog and it seemed fun. You can read the rules on her post since I’ll just be answering the questions.
It looks like there are two sets of questions on her post so I’ll just answer them all. LOL.
1. What country do you live in?
I live in British Columbia, Canada.
2. Favourite book?
I think my favourite book is Japanese Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Edogawa Rampo. My favourite short story from the book is The Human Chair. It’s a horror short story collection.
3. How do you spend your time during lockdown?
I work from home. When I’m not working, I watch a lot of YouTube. Lately, I’ve been watching Chuang 2020 clips, Guardian fanmade edits, Zhu Yilong interviews, and cooking videos.
Earlier during the lockdown, I watched many Thai dramas and a bunch of other stuff.
4. Have you tried cooking a new dish because of lockdown?
I’ve tried cooking a lot of new dishes and drinks. I’ve made dalgona coffee, strawberry milk, Thai milk tea, pasta, spicy cold noodles, kimbap, coffee jelly, and more. Since I like to watch cooking videos, I like to try out new recipes as well.
5. Early riser or Night owl?
I am a night owl. I detest mornings and rely on coffee. In fact, I’m writing this at 1:30 AM. I wish I was an early riser but I like the peacefulness and silence of the night.
6. Holiday dream destination?
Japan. I wonder when it will be safe to travel to Japan. I want to go to the popular anime destinations like Ikebukuro (Durarara!!).
7. Favourite food?
I have a lot of favourite foods. I love Asian food the most. I love xiaolongbao, hot pot, noodles (pho, ramen)… the list goes on. I like spicy, savoury, and bitter food and drinks.
I do not like sweet food or drinks.
8. Instagram or Twitter?
9. Favourite cartoon as a child?
Death Note. It’s actually rated 16+ but I watched it when I was in elementary school.
10. What do you prefer on a Saturday night? Netflix or Partying?
Of the two, I would pick Netflix. A lot of the shows I watch aren’t on Netflix, though.
1. Overall, how are you handling the quarantine?
I’m doing okay, but I miss eating out a lot. I miss hanging out with my friends and dressing up. Kind of sad, to be honest.
2. Have you violated any of the restrictions? If yes, what rule(s) did you break?
No. Peoples’ lives are on the line. Now is not the time to be irresponsible.
3. What viral recipes have you tried during the lockdown?
4. What activities have you missed the most during quarantine?
Celebrating friends’ birthdays and also my graduation. I also miss drinking bubble tea. I used to drink it every week.
My friend surprised me with a paper bouquet on the day of my virtual grad! I didn’t even attend my virtual grad but my friend did. T_T
5. Do you wear a mask when you leave the house?
6. Are you an essential worker? If yes, what is your job title?
7. How do you exercise during the lockdown?
My friend shares her screen and we watch a 20-minute workout video every other day. We follow the trainer in the video and we help motivate each other.
8. Have you subscribed to any new subscription services since the lockdown started?
9. What did/does your daily schedule look like before the pandemic started?
I was at practicum 4 days a week and at the university once every two weeks. On the days I went to campus, I went to Anime Club. I attended weekly online Anime Club exec meetings and went to work on the weekend. I also worked from home for my other job. Since I didn’t have many assignments, I watched shows when I got home.
10. Do you think that the pandemic is getting better or worse?
I’m not the most informed person on this topic. I don’t know because Wave 2 is approaching and I don’t know what to expect when it comes. Restrictions have been lifted so I think it’s better than before. However, I don’t know if things will change for the better or worse. 2020 is very unpredictable.